– Active Release Therapy is a unique method of treating patients with a variety of nagging issues. In many instances, Active Release Technique is appropriate in dealing with patients who seek help in managing problems such as adhesion and a buildup of tension in over-used muscles throughout their body. Our Oakville Physio team is proficient in different types of muscle release techniques. Book today for a hands on experience.
– ART is administered by any certified health practitioner including our Oakville chiropractors, physiotherapists, massage therapists, athletic trainers, etc. The technique involves the practitioner to use their hands while evaluating the texture, tightness and overall movement of all components surrounding the muscles such as fascia, tendons, ligaments, nerves, etc.
– There are many implications and reasons why patients seek out treatment in the form of ART. As muscles become shorter and weaker, the motion of muscles/joints are altered and the nerves and blood vessels become compressed and trapped. This leads to tissues to suffer from a decreased blood supply, excessive pain and poor mobility. It is definitely not a fun situation to be “stuck” with…
Looking for something a little more aggressive then ART in Oakville…. have you tried shockwave therapy or acupuncture ?
– In a nutshell, the treatment serves to shorten any tissues that are tensed up that cannot freely slide or move around during contractions in exercise or general movements. Tension is then applied to the area to elongate the tissue so that it is able to slide relative to adjacent surrounding tissues.
– The steps may seem simple but the process is complex and incorporates a variety of treatment protocol to be followed. There are over 500 specific moves within this protocol, and thus this proves why ART is such a unique method of treatment to cater to all patients on an individual basis.
– The entire process is often thought to be similar to playing the piano for the fact that it is easy to do, yet tricky to accomplish when trying to piece the parts together to form a catchy song. But once the technique is perfected, a masterpiece is formed for everybody to enjoy!
Let our Oakville Physiotherapy Clinic get you back on track and pain free.
If you are suffering with any kind of pain or injury and think you can benefit from active release therapy treatment, contact us today to book an appointment.
We can directly bill for most insurance plans for both chiropractic and physiotherapy….both of which perform Active Release Therapy at our Oakville Clinic.